1 Introduction/Level of Need
Sefton LSCB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Procedures
Welcome to the Sefton LSCB Multi-Agency Procedures (Safeguarding Children).
Please take the time to peruse the various sections.
NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) have published quality standards in relation to 'child abuse and neglect'. Quality standards are intended to drive up the quality of care, and improve outcomes. The quality standard is expected to contribute to improvements in the following outcomes:
- 1) Referrals to Children's Social Care;
- 2) repeated referrals
- 3) children receiving Early Help support
- 4) recognition and management of abuse and neglect
- 5) children who were the subject of a CP plan
- 6) experience of health and social care services in children, young people, their families and carers
- 7) health and wellbeing in children and young people
- Click here to view NICE Quality Standards (Child abuse and neglect)
Sefton's Level of Need Guidance (2020)
The purpose of the Level of Need Guidance is to enable all staff and volunteers in Sefton to provide the most appropriate level of need response for children and young people in order that their safeguarding needs are met.
Pan Merseyside Protocols