4.8 Managing and Providing Information about a Child
Last updated 18/05/2017
Each local authority is required to designate an experienced social care manager to have responsibility for:
- Ensuring that records on children who have a child protection plan are kept up to date;
- Ensuring enquiries about children about whom there are concerns or who have child protection plans are recorded and considered in accordance with the Integrated Children’s System requirements;
- Ensuring that relevant information is shared with partner agencies enquiring as to whether a child/ren are subject to a child protection plan;
- Managing notifications of movements of children who have a child protection plan, looked after children and other relevant children into or out of the local authority area;
- Managing notifications of people who may pose a risk of significant harm to children who are either identified with the local authority area or have moved into the local authority area;
- Managing requests for checks to be made to ensure unsuitable people are prevented from working with children.
Information on each child known to Children’s Services will be kept up-to-date on the Child’s electronic record. This information should be confidential, but accessible at all times to legitimate enquirers. The details of enquirers should always be checked and recorded on the system before information is provided.