22.9 Limit on Number of Children
Last updated 23/09/2021
The maximum number of children privately fostered in any one household must not exceed 3 unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Any application for exemption from this limit must be made to the respective Children’s Social Care Service Manager. The application must contain the following information:
- The number, names and ages of the children;
- The proposed arrangements for the care and accommodation of the children;
- The intended and likely relationship between the children and the foster carers;
- The proposed length of the placement;
- Whether the welfare of the children in the placement will be safeguarded and promoted.
Exemptions will only be granted in relation to named children and will cease when the named children leave the placement.
Where an exemption is granted this will be confirmed in writing to the foster carers.