SEFTON SCP Safeguarding Policies and Procedures Online Manual

    Granting temporary admission (TA) or temporary release (TR) extensions

    Last updated 23/09/2021

    This section provides guidance on considering when to extend the 45 day recovery and reflection period.

    Where the Home Office is the Competent Authority, if an additional recovery and reflection period is granted, they may need to consider whether to extend TA or TR where it has already been granted as appropriate. See Granting an extension of the recovery and reflection period for more details.

    Granting an extension of recovery and reflection and extensions of Temporary Admission/Temporary Release

    If the Home Office decides to grant an extension to recover and reflect they must:

    • note the file explaining the reason for the extension
    • update CID
    • advise the individual (through their appointed representative as appropriate), support provider (if applicable) and the UKHTC